Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Support Bracelets

On November 18, I got a surprise visit from one of my good friends, Megan.  She came bearing a surprise.  She had designed and ordered support bracelets for me.  I LOVED THEM! 

For those of you who have ever been in a position in life where you need help and constant encouragement and positivity, you will understand what these bracelets did for my morale.  To just think that someone cared about me enough to organize a fundraiser on my behalf just overwhelmed me with emotion.  Not just a fundraiser, but one with a personal message.  My nickname from NLXF and my new personal motto. 

After these went "on sale", my Facebook page exploded with numerous people tagging me in pictures of themselves wearing them.  Every time I got one of these notifications I just balled my eyes out.  I was so thankful and humbled by my friends and family.  I also felt so undeserving.  I had been through a lot, but I was just doing my best with what I had been dealt--it's not like I had cured cancer!  

I have not taken my bracelet off since the minute I put it on.  I am still in awe every time I see someone sporting one of these on their wrists.  I cannot put in to words how it makes me feel.  I tear up for a minute before I just am filled with peace.  I am reminded of what I went/am going through, I gain even more love for that person, and just burst with appreciation for their support.  

Facebook post from November 18,2013
Seriously???!!! How awesome are my friends?!! The greatest thing I have learned from my stroke is that Patrick and I have done a great job of surrounding our girls and ourselves with AMAZING people. I feel so incredibly undeserving of this, but also appreciate it so, so much. Thank you Megan Youngkent for being so freakin' awesome.
They're here!!!!!! If you would like to get a SWEET Jamie Smith Support bracelet, find me. They are $1 - proceeds going to the Smith's! Buy one, buy 100! 

 Facebook post from Patrick on November 19, 2013 
We had a surprise visit last night from one of Jamie Smith's besties, Megan Youngkent.  She brought us these (see pictures). Jamie and I were overwhelmed. I believe her exact quote to me was, "I'm not special enough to have my own bracelet".

Well Jamie Lynne whether you think your special enough or not (and I know she is), there is going to be many many people out there showing their support of you and increasing their awareness about strokes and the early signs of them.

As every day passes Jamie is getting stronger and stronger. I couldn't be prouder of her progress and determination. As always we continue to thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

If you would like to support the J. SMITH - BE BETTER. DO BETTER fan club, please message Megan for details. God Bless.

P.S. and for those of you messaging me pictures of you wearing these already, Thank You for the support. Almost teared up at work.....ALMOST. I'm too tough for that. ; )


Facebook post from Ryan Downs, NLXF Owner, on November 21, 2013
"Do Better Be Better"
Is there a better motto to live by? These are available at the NLXF back desk in CF in support of Jamie Smith and her fight back against life's challenges. Support this woman - she's one of a kind. Jamie has a heart of gold and she WILL prevail.

These are $1 at the back desk.

I'm wearing it everywhere I go and so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment