Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Monday, February 24, 2014

PICTURE ME!!!!!!!!!

As I mentioned, PT was going very well.  MY PT was challenging me with high level activities and I was able to accomplish them.  On the walk down to  the PT gym on the 13th I felt a little less resistance on my gait belt.   I wondered if my PT was even holding it but quickly shoved it out of my head.  I thought for sure he would tell me if he wasn't, to give me some warning.  Plus with my decreased sensation I thought I was making it up since I couldn't really feel for sure.  My PT didn't say anything about it during my session so I figured I was right.  On the way back to my room we walked past the OT gym.  My OT saw me and said, "Look at you!  All on your own!"  I about peed my pants I was so excited!  I was right!  I was walking on my own!  My PT and Patrick both started laughing.  My PT was going to tell me once we got back to my room.

I can't even tell you the amount of confidence and hope that gave me.  I was improving and I was improving quickly.  I was strong enough.  I could balance well enough.  My therapists trusted in my improvement.  I was free.      

Facebook post from November 13, 2013
(Picture me screaming, talking really fast, smiling from ear to ear, and jumping up and down as I say this).....I walked on my own today! I walked on my own today! I WALKED ON MY OWN TODAY!!!!!!

Walking boosted my confidence a 100 times.  I was focused in an entirely new way.  I was starting to feel like I would get back to normal someday.  I was starting to believe that I would still be able to do everything in life that I wanted to.  So, with that new confidence and focus came even more challenging PT.  I welcomed it with open arms.
 
Facebook post from Patrick on November 14, 2013
I was just advised by my lovely wife that she can still, "kick my butt in h-o-r-s-e". Never been so happy to see someone dribbling a basketball in my life!!! Fortunate and Blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment