Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Still Living In "The Land Of The Naive"

I was on cloud nine during Christmas season.  I felt great and was improving rapidly.  I had just amazing quality time with my entire family.  I was so blessed.  Patrick was my main reason for feeling this way.

Facebook post from December 24, 2013
One of my favorite photos from one of the most important days of my life. Counting my blessings this holiday season and this guy is at the top of the list.

On Christmas night we caught the "Someone You Should Know" segment on KWWL.  It was about a young man who had been paralyzed from the waist down from football.  The segment focused on his obstacles, successes, and warrior spirit.  It also highlighted his public speaking campaign and foundation.  When it was finished Patrick said, "Do you think we were meant to see that?"  It put in to perspective how lucky I was considering what had happened to me.  However for the first time since my stroke, I became anxious about my check-up appointments the next day.  I just felt off about them.


Facebook post from December 25, 2013
I have a very full day of very important appointments tomorrow in Iowa City. I am selfishly asking if you could send us a little extra love to help us stay brave and hopeful tomorrow. Whether you pray, wish on stars, etc..... I just need to know that I have a little something extra helping us through. Thanks again for all of your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment