Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My First Belly Shot....Finally

December 14 was a busy night.  Patrick and I went to his work Christmas party.  As with everything I was nervous to go.  He had just started his job in July so I had not met everyone that he worked with.  Nothing like meeting them for the first time after having a stroke!  My sister-in-law straightened my hair for me that night.  While she was helping Seeri came in and told me that my eye was looking better.  I instantly asked if her Daddy had told her to say that! ;-)  She said, "No Mom.  It really looks better."  Leave it to one of my lovely little ladies to give me a confidence boost when I needed it most.


Before I go any further I have to express my absolute love and appreciation for First National Bank and all of its employees.  My condition required Patrick to be by my side and miss a lot of work.  He was with me everyday the first two weeks and then eventually worked half days for a week before going back full-time.  Once he did go back he had to take more days off to shuttle me and the girls to doctor appointments.  He is still needing to do that.  It wasn't easy on him and I am sure it wasn't easy on the bank.

Since he had just started the position he did not have a lot of vacation days built up.  His co-workers donated days to him to help cover his absences.  They all picked up the slack and rallied.  They supported him and us when we needed it most.  The entire situation could have been even more stressful if our places of employment wouldn't have been so incredibly understanding and supportive.  I owe each of them so much and will never forget their kindness.

The Christmas party was so enjoyable.  I met amazing people.  It was very clear to me why Patrick loves working there.  It felt like a family.  The food was great, the entertainment was awesome, and his boss said some very nice things about our family and my condition in his opening remarks.  It was just a very enjoyable night.

Before we left I finally got Pajamie's first belly shot!   


Facebook post from December 14, 2013
It only took 51/2 months but I finally got a belly shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment