Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Our Facebook Story Begins

Facebook post from Patrick on October 25, 2013
Twenty-six hours ago I walked into an ER thinking she had the worst case of the flu imaginable.  Twenty-six of the scariest hours of my life later I sit next to my wife and Thank God.  Jamie had a ct scan done yesterday morning showing a hemorrhage in the Pons area of her brain.  She was immediately airlifted to U of I Hospitals.  The incredible staff, absolutely incredible staff, spent the majority of the morning stabilizing her enough to get a MRI done.   Around 1pm yesterday they were able to get clear enough pictures of the area to say the bleeding had subdued.  We are now sitting and praying, hoping that the blood in the brain will be "reabsorbed".  Jamie has shown me once again how unbelievably strong she is.  She continues to improve by the minute.  She is speaking, breathing, and even ate a lit yogurt all on her own.  Her nausea has declined and her blurred vision is improving.

I personally want to thank you for all the prayers and messages.  I have read many of them to Jamie and it has helped more than any of you will ever know.  Jamie and I are so very blessed with loving family and a network of friends that would do anything for us.  I have been asked by many what they can do to help, at this point Pray.   There is no doubt that we will need you and our girls will need you....but at this point please just Pray for us.  There is a Guardian Angel watching over us right now....kindly ask her to stay there. Patrick

This was the very first post that we shared. Within 10 minutes our friends and family had already created a Meal Train for us, organized care for our kids, and started being prayer warriors.  I have no idea how we would have made it through it without them.  I will never be able to say enough thank you's or repay them enough to even come close to how much I appreciate all of them.

1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful Jamie. When we made the trip to go have my surgery, my kids school had a food train too to help my mother in law (who stayed with the kids) while we were gone. I was gone a month... and they continued the meal train up to 6 weeks after i was home! That's 15 weeks. It was a God send. So incredible... I was also told that so many people volunteered that nobody had to make a meal twice!!!

    ReplyDelete