Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Monday, April 18, 2016

March 4

Facebook updates from Patrick


Jamie Smith just headed back for her surgery. We greatly appreciate all of your prayers and messages. We will know more within the next 6 to 10 hours, in the mean time - pray, please just pray! There is a Guardian Angel watching over her, kindly ask her to stay.
Let Go and Let God.
Be Not Afraid.
Do Better. Be Better.















First of all, the amount of support, messages, and prayers that we felt today was purely overwhelming. We are 1,528 miles away and yet because of all of you we felt right at home. Thank you!!
It has been an exhausting day filled with emotion. I am very happy to say that Jamie's surgery just finished and she has been wheeled back to recovery. With any luck I will be able to see her in an hour.
Dr Spetzler shared positive and encouraging remarks with us. The next 24-48 hours will be difficult , but as he said to me, "We need to take it step by step".
As of now, I anxiously wait to see my bride and whisper in to her ear, "You did it". We thank you again for all that you have done for our family and ask for you to keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming.
P.S. My heart is full for the communities of Turkey Valley, what an incredible way to represent at the state tournament. ‪#‎trojanpride‬.


"Today my wife had brain surgery". As many times as I say that in my head I still don't believe the day we just had. I remember turning to Jamie at 530 am this morning on our way to the hospital saying that very same thing, "Your having brain surgery today" and we both just looked at each other in disbelief.
If I had to describe the day we just had well,.....IT. WAS. LONG. It started with pre-op check in at 6am, difficult conversations with Dr's dealing with what exactly they were going to do, and of course the challenging hugs and kisses prior to surgery. Then came what I would expect as the longest 10.5 hour wait of my life. The wait...no words can describe this....no words. I am so thankful for Jamie's parents, her best friend, and her brother for being here. I wouldn't had stayed sane if it wasn't for them....and for all of you - the messages/prayers/ they were tremendous.
As for our current state - Jamie is resting peacefully in her ICU bed as I lay next to her on a cot made for umpa-lumpas (seriously my feet are hanging over the cot by a foot). Im thankful, I'm beyond thankful...it's dejavu for me as I flashback to Iowa City 2.5 years ago. I have not been able to carry on a full conversation with Jamie as she is still heavily sedated, but about 5 mins ago she gave me the, "Smith Family Secret I Love You" sign...it brought tears to my eyes. The plan is for her to rest and let the anesthesia wear off. Some time tommorrow they will conduct another MRI of the impacted area. As I have said before, she will get worse before she gets better. The surgery acts almost as if another bleed occurred. We are aware of this challenge and we are ready to battle together, "Step by step".
At this point, I honestly am so exhausted that I don't know if this post will make sense, but I will leave you with this.
Today is the only day of the year that tells you to do something, March Forth is exactly what my GSD/DBBB wife did.
Tomorrow we will be better than today. God bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment