Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Monday, April 18, 2016

March 11

Facebook post from Patrick

Friday Recap - Yesterday was a first, we had our valley and peak all in the same day. In the famous words of Billy Bob from one of my favorite movies, "Varsity Blues ", Jamie puked and rallied. (My attempt at humor, sorry if too detailed).
Our morning started off very good as Jamie showered and ate breakfast all by herself. Then came a rage of nausea that consumed her for most of the morning. The Dr's still feel that the surgery could have irritated the nausea control system and it will simply take time to heal.
I personally thought that we were going to have a duplicate of Tuesday (or whatever day was our challenging day, at this point it has all melted together in my mind), but just like my wife has shown me a thousand times she battled back and had the best afternoon of her post surgical recovery.
She dominated pt and ot. She went outside and with assistance from the walker completed a 100 yard walk. She simply owned the afternoon. I could not have been more proud of her.
The afternoon was topped off with a short visit from a Turkey Valley friend that I hadn't seen in probably 15 years. A high school teammate of mines mom stopped in to give us hugs and well wishes. Although it was a two minute visit, it put huge smiles on our faces to see another one of our Iowa friends. Thank you Donna Karnik for your gift and visit.
Enjoy the pictures, they sure do a much better job of showing you Jamie's fight than my words do.
God bless! Thank you all for everything.





No comments:

Post a Comment