Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Monday, April 18, 2016

April 1

Facebook post from Patrick

What a difference a month can make!! On March 1st we left early in the morning, during a snowstorm, headed on a journey that we didn't know what held for us. We were told "two weeks to two months" we could be gone.
Well here we are on April 1, 28 days out from brain surgery. We are home, we are cherishing every minute, and my wife is GSD'ing.
Jamie just completed her 2nd week of outpatient therapy. She goes 3 days a week for about 1.5 hours a day. I usually drop her off and head to work, but today I decided work could wait....I wanted to see the improvements she had made in the past two weeks. And She. Knocked. My. Socks. Off. I could not be more proud.
At one point I started to poke fun at her on the balance board, not a smart choice as Jamie challenged me to do it. "If you think it's so easy, get your butt up here and do it." I learned very quickly, as my thighs started to burn, that the balance board was no joke and that Jamie's strength was being challenged with every movement. It was taxing for someone who didn't have brain surgery, could only imagine how difficult it was for Jamie....but step by step she was conquering that board!!!
Jamie's strength and stamina steadily increase. She may not admit to that, but I see it in her every day. She does get exhausted throughout the day, but naps in the morning and afternoons help.
For our prayer warriors, prayers for continued healing for her eyes. Her vision remains double. We have a Neuropthomology appt on the 11th and we hope to be fitted with a prism to lessen the double vision. It is accurate to say Jamie can not wait for this day!! Typing, reading, looking at a computer for longer than 2 minutes just isn't possible for her right now. I personally look forward to her having those luxuries back soon.
As for our family, we are just tickled pink to be back home. Tucking the kids in, giving hugs and kisses, simply dropping them off for school has taken on a new meaning. Being separated for two weeks was hard...but has provided a fresh perspective to the important things in life.
We continue to try and Do Better. Be Better. On a daily basis. What I saw this morning showed me that we are.






No comments:

Post a Comment