Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Monday, April 18, 2016

March 5

Facebook posts from Patrick

Jamie and I have been blessed with family and friends that would do just about anything for us at a drop of a hat and there is NO WAY we could be battling through all of this without ALL of you.
To Brother Tom for taking on all 4 kids for the past 4 days, thank you. To all the neighbors/friends who have been dropping off food and checking in on the kids, thank you. To Jon and Angi for tackling the weekend, thank you!
If I were to try and thank each and every person that has helped us over the past 3 weeks this post would take a week to write. Trust me, a blog will eventually come from my wife's fingertips (I enjoy reading her words better than mine anyways).....but in the mean time I just had to say Thank You to everyone that has impacted, reached out, and provided for our kids and our family.
We are indebted forever.
Jamie update- she is resting. She was under anesthesia for 9.5 hours so they anticipated it would take her a longer period of time to come out from it. Dr Spetzler just stopped in...I was shocked to see him as he was supposed to be gone for a week after Jamie's surgery. He saw the shock on my face when he walked in and I said to him, "You are supposed to be gone". He quickly replied back with, "I had to see your wife prior to leaving. She's doing remarkably well." To hear the world's best re-assure us was all I could have asked for 24 hours ago. We are taking it step by step and making progress with every step.
Specific Prayers can be said for a successful reading of a post-surgery mri that she will have this afternoon.
God bless, thank you all! Truly, Thank You All!!


Step by Step-
Thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers, we are so grateful to have your support.
Jamie remains in the Intensive Care Unit to help control her pain and monitor her as closely as possible. She has and will continue to be sedated to allow her body to rest and heal. I have had the opportunity to speak with her and held about a ten minute conversation this morning. She remains upbeat and positive, knowing she's ready and willing to fight.
Barrow Brain Institute and St Josephs Hospital - I will say this much, this medical institution and it's staff --- simply remarkable. I can see why they are known across the country for their neuro vascular talents. It is a world-renowned facility, period. It may have taken a little longer than what a concerned husband wanted for them to read her mri, but i know we made the right choice to have Jamie's surgery here.
This morning I had a conference with Dr. Spetzlers team to review Jamie's post-surgical mri. The results were very encouraging/positive and what I needed to hear to be able to take a breath again. The surgery in itself was very challenging and very difficult. If you were to have told me on Friday morning that where I sit right now was an option, I would have signed up immediately. We are very grateful and very thankful that God has watched over us so closely.
We will continue to take it one step at a time, there is mumblings going around that we may be moving to a neuro - floor by tommorrow. We still have a road to travel, but I am so very excited to have the opportunity to travel it!!
It was difficult to see Nathan and Angie travel back to Iowa today...their shoulders helped carry us the past few days. Bill and Mavis travel back tommorrow, hold them in your prayers as they travel -- I don't think they will be auditioning for the Amazing Race any time soon. I think Iowa is the right pace for all of us....a little too hectic here in Phx.
I will do my best to keep everyone informed. All I know is we will continue to Do Better. Be Better. Because of all of you! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment