Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Happy 70th Birthday P.E.S.!

Today is a special day of remembrance in our household.  Patrick's mom, Patricia Eileen Seery Smith, would have celebrated her 70th birthday today.  Breast cancer claimed her at a young age, but I am sure she watches over us everyday from Heaven.

I never got the chance to meet her so I cannot speak of her first hand.  However, I know she was an amazing woman.  How?  She raised four incredible children, one of which I am lucky enough to call my husband.  Kelli, Jon, Tom, and Patrick are the most kind, compassionate, and selfless people I know.  Her time with them was too short, but yet she made a huge impact on them and raised them right.  Speaking from a mother's perspective; one that may too be different than how I initially envisioned it, I realize how monumental of a task that really is.  To try to fit everything in that your want your children to know, learn, and be in a shortened time is such a great and important task.  I admire her for that.

I also know that she is my personal guardian angel.  I know that she has been with me, with us, every last minute of this journey.  I pictured her standing by my hospital bed, riding in the helicopter, and walking beside me with her hands ready to catch me as I completed all of my therapy.  I imagined her hugging Patrick to give him strength as he comforted me.  I have no doubt that she will be there with us next Tuesday as we welcome Pajamie into our family.

I will meet her someday in Heaven.  I dream of that moment being one of pure joy and appreciation for her.  I hope that she will love me and be proud to call me her daughter-in-law.  Until that moment, I will try everyday to honor her for being my guardian angel.

1 comment:

  1. Patty was my dearest cousin. We were the closest in age of all the cousins. She was kindest person to my mother who was her aunt by marriage. She will be watching over you because is a saint!

    Mary Julia

    ReplyDelete