Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Please Welcome Myah Grace!

The day has finally come....a day early!  We had a very eventful Sunday night and Monday morning, but baby girl #4 has arrived!  Surprise; her name is not actually Pajamie! ;)

Patrick and I went back and forth between two different names during the pregnancy.  We picked a name within a month of finding out we were expecting.  However, when I had my stroke we decided that we would like to try to name her in remembrance of the journey.  We wanted the name to be something that honored all the triumphs we have had and represent the strength and fight she already possesses.

Picking a middle name was easy.  It was literally by the grace of God that her and I are still here.  Her middle name just had to be Grace.

Picking a first name was a bit tougher.  There just wasn't much to draw inspiration from.  I mentioned in an earlier blog post that I have grown to love the verse Jeremiah 29:11.  I used to have this verse handwritten and posted on our fridge until I had it professionally reproduced and framed.  One morning I was sitting at the kitchen island eating my Lucky Charms and looked up to read it.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares The Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

It just hit me.  This verse is what I wanted our daughter's name to emulate.  Her name is short for Jeremiah, but I of course had to get a little creative with the spelling. ;)

With much love in our hearts, Patrick and I would like to introduce you to...

Myah Grace Smith
Born on April 7, 2014
12:07 a.m.
7 lbs. 7 oz.
20 1/2"

This single moment is what I have so fiercely been fighting for over the last five months.  God is good and we are beyond blessed to be under his wings.








5 comments:

  1. That has LONG been my favorite scripture. Congratulations Jamie & Patrick! The morning seems a little brighter knowing that there's a new beautiful little Smith girl in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats she's beautiful like her name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her name and the meaning behind it! She is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Myah Grace! Congratulations! Praying for more of God's love and blessings for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As our Grace was a miracle. Your Myah Grace is a miracle too. Congratulations! I am praying every day for you both.

    Love,

    Mary Julia

    ReplyDelete