Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Our Mary Poppins!

Patrick and I realized shortly after my diagnosis that it would be best for me to have some help over the summer when the girls were home.  We wanted to reduce my stress and be able to provide a fun and activity filled summer for the girls.  Even if I were 100% healthy having four kids and all of the organization and craziness that comes with them would still be overwhelming!

We started looking for a live-in nanny in January.  We had many great applicants, although very few wanted to take us up on the live-in option.  There were also quite a few that wanted quite a bit of money per hour and we just couldn't justify the expense considering I would still be here all day.

One girl came highly recommended from our friends at Wartburg; yep, she bled orange!  She was already a winner in our book!  We set up an interview with her shortly after.  She came over to our house, had pizza with us, played with the girls, and discussed the position.  She was leaving for a mission trip, but promised to get back to us the following week.

The instant she left Patrick and I turned to each other and said simultaneously, "I want her to be our nanny."  She was perfect.  We could tell instantly that she was going to fit right in.  We agreed that we were not going to interview anyone else until we heard back from her.

So we prayed.  We prayed that she liked us back just as much and that she would be willing to stay with us.

To our surprise, she called back before the end of the weekend.  She informed us that she would like to take the position and that she would live with us.  Or as she explained it, "I feel like God is calling me to help your family."

Miss Cailee Jo moved out on Monday after nearly three months with us.  We miss her already.  Having her here with us allowed us to have a summer that wasn't affected by my stroke.  The girls were still able to enjoy the pool, park, and other favorites.  And because of her help I never felt stressed or like I was letting them down.  Plus I was able to go shopping without kids sometimes.  All of you busy moms out there understand my excitement about that!



Cailee is an AMAZING person.  She has a beautiful spirit, a kind heart, and strong faith.  Her positivity and bright smile is infectious.  She treated our girls like family and always came up with fun activities to do with them.  I am sure they will never forget make-over night!  There is no doubt in my mind that she will be successful in life. 

But, my most favorite thing about Cailee are words that she once said to me:

"It just goes to show you that if you follow God's path, be faithful, and do the right thing, He will always provide for you."
You couldn't be more right Cailee Jo.  And when I hear things like this from people I love it inspires me to do better and to be better.  Thank you for that.

Miss Cailee Jo:
We will be seeing you!  Keep us updated on your performances because all SIX of us will be there cheering you on!  I wish you and Tanner a lifetime of happiness and blessings!  Oh, and happy wedding planning and senior year!

Oh, and I wish we would have taken more pictures together!!

Being silly---the girls always laughed when she did funny stuff with her hair!

Our Adventureland and Zoo Vacation.  Cailee and Seeri rode all the rides together!


Random gymnastics tricks!

Hanging out--crazy eyes JJ!

Snuggling with Myah--last day with the girls.


 


1 comment:

  1. I miss y'all more than you'll ever know. The girls brought so much joy into my life. I had never felt so free and energetic in my whole life. Your family was a daily testament of strength, faith, and love for each other. Missing you, Smiths!

    ReplyDelete