Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

My Anniversary Gift

I had been asking Patrick for quite some time to write his account and perspective of my stroke.  He never said no, but he also never said yes.  I never got the feeling from him that he was comfortable doing it.

On the morning of August 6, our nine year wedding anniversary, he surprised me with an 11 page bound book; his account of the week of my stroke.  I read it immediately and I cried the whole time.  He was completely honest.  Parts of it were hard to read, but whether it is hard to read or not doesn't matter.  The truth of the matter is that the last nine months have been hard and for us and to deny that is unfair.



To our daughters:

Someday you are going to be able to read my blog and learn about everything that I, and your father, went through.  I hope that you understand and appreciate my honesty.  It is my greatest wish that you will all realize who we really are and be proud of us for handling our adversity and struggles the way we have.

I will have your Daddy's book in a safe spot until you are ready to read it someday.

Until then, please know that everything we do, we do with your best interests as our number one priority.  We love you all the way to Grandma's moon and back.




No comments:

Post a Comment