Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

11 Month Anniversary

Eleven months post stroke.  Where has that time gone?  I re-read last months update and to be honest, there isn't much more to report. 

I am staying constant on the physical side of things.  I still have double vision and stiffness in my left hand and foot.  My left leg is a bit mechanical and heavy and my eyes look pretty close to normal.  At this point, I feel like the deficits I have are probably permanent.  I am lucky that none of them affect my daily living or functioning.  I have to be careful and am unable to do some things.  But, I can live without everything I can't do.

Work has been very busy and a bit stressful which worries me at times.  I believe that stress was a major factor contributing to my stroke in October so I fear that I am making myself more susceptible to another one.  I like working and staying busy.  The problem is I get caught up in everything I used to do; how much I used to juggle and I just can't do that anymore without feeling my stroke symptoms flare up or getting a massive cold and fever.  It has gotten much better since the beginning of the school year too.  It also helps that our building has cooled off a little bit.

Other than that, I am at about 95% functioning.  I would love to run the "Do Better.  Be Better." color run 5k but I am not sure if I could.  I know I could handle the cardiovascular aspect but I am unsure of how my leg would feel ten minutes in.  I complete hour workouts at NLXF, but everything we do is short bursts of energy for three minutes or less.  Endurance running is a little bit different beast.

I continue to pray everyday for my health.  I wish so badly to remain stroke and surgery free.  I am truly grateful for every month I get to write one of these updates.

Cheers to 11 months beating my stroke!

No comments:

Post a Comment