Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

CFHS Graduation

Cedar Falls High School graduation was last weekend.  I was unfortunately unable to attend.  During the day I was receiving many messages that my journey had been mentioned.  I taped the ceremony and watched it as soon as I could.

This in an excerpt of the speech that my friend and co-worker, Charlie, gave.  I mentioned Charlie in my "I WILL Dream" blog post.  His speech was about how each department in our school offered the kids valuable knowledge and advice for their future.  This is the portion where he mentioned my journey.  Just a heads up:  there is a bit of an echo because we used our iPad to video it as it played on the TV.


I teared up as I watched it.  I couldn't believe that he was talking about me.  I think I could say, "I had a stroke." a million times a day for the rest of my life and it would still never sink in.  Not to mention everything else that has happened or changed as a result of it.  I was so honored that Charlie even thought of me and used the opportunity to impact the students with my motto.  My heart was so full of a variety of emotions that it could have burst.

Thank you Charlie.  I will cherish this forever.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment